Every day we meet new people. Even though we know how to talk with most people, we often find ourselves stuck on a topic of conversation and not knowing what to say.
Indeed, fear of others’ judgment, shyness or lack of self-confidence can prevent us from having an interesting conversation .
By having a list of topics of conversation in your head, you will never worry about how to continue a discussion. All you have to do is use one of these topics to keep your conversation interesting.
Conversation topics with a girl
Here are some discussion topics that you can use during a first date with a girl you like, whether during the meeting (after having met for example), at school, at work, in the evening , etc …
In short, in a lot of situations in which you can ask some questions to the woman who attracts you.
- To interest a girl when you talk to her, you have to make her live something emotional.
Make him live emotions (especially) positive contrasted by negative emotions (moderately).
And it is through this emotional richness that you will captivate the girls that please you, that is to say, by talking to their heart.
- A woman’s favorite topic of conversation is herself.
What does that mean? Well, sincerely interested in your interlocutor, you will be on the right track to seduce her. For starters you can for example comment on something she wears.
The secret to having an interesting conversation is to let her speak for herself. This is a subject she knows well and she will probably feel comfortable speaking.
Here are some topics of conversation that you can use to spice up the conversation.
- What does she do as a job / study?
- What is his best memory of childhood?
- Where did she grow up?
- What does she do with her free time? (hobbies, passions …)
- What is his film, his favorite series?
- What is his favorite kind of music?
- Does she have pets?
- What are his dreams and plans for the future?
- Is she close to her family? Does she have brothers and sisters?
- Does she like to travel?
- What is the worst thing that happened to him on a trip?
- Does she speak other languages?
Conversation topics with a guy
While some women have no problem finding conversations with a man, this is not the case for most.
This can be particularly difficult for some people, especially if you are shy in nature. Moreover, finding something to talk to a man, has nothing to do with girls’ discussions.
Through communication, you can better discover the man you like to seduce him.
Indeed, to make a man happy, you have to know what he likes or not, his hobbies, his interests and his projects. Here are some ideas for conversation topics to talk to the guy you like.
What are his favorite passions and activities? (cooking, travel, sport, art, hobbies, movies, etc …)
Enter questions about his daily life : his days, his past experiences, his work, his studies, his family …
Ask him what his plans for the future are and encourage him to feel confident in accomplishing them.
Address the questions of love : do not hesitate to ask him what he likes about you … What he thinks about romantic relationships and how he thinks a woman can make a man happy.
Talk about food and cooking around. It’s a light and fun topic, everyone eats and most people like to talk about their food tastes. D iscover what type of food you both like and those you hate.
Discuss topics of conversation related to the present moment . Instead of boring your head, try to make simple small observations about your environment. Is there something new, unusual, or different in your environment? This will naturally lead to other topics of discussion on more or less related topics.
Find out if you had common interests when you were kids. This can be a great way to make a lot of reports quickly (eg video games or the kind of music that was relevant at the time …)
- What are his favorite passions and activities? (cooking, travel, sport, art, hobbies, movies, etc …)
- Enter questions about his daily life : his days, his past experiences, his work, his studies, his family …
- Ask him what his plans for the future are and encourage him to feel confident in accomplishing them.
- Address the questions of love : do not hesitate to ask him what he likes about you … What he thinks about romantic relationships and how he thinks a woman can make a man happy.
- Talk about food and cooking around. It’s a light and fun topic, everyone eats and most people like to talk about their food tastes. D iscover what type of food you both like and those you hate.
- Discuss topics of conversation related to the present moment . Instead of boring your head, try to make simple small observations about your environment. Is there something new, unusual, or different in your environment? This will naturally lead to other topics of discussion on more or less related topics.
- Find out if you had common interests when you were kids. This can be a great way to make a lot of reports quickly (eg video games or the kind of music that was relevant at the time …)
SMS conversation topic
Talking with someone via sms can be stressful! Indeed, if you have just met someone and you are willing to know more, the best is to ask him relevant questions to engage the conversation.
Yes, but what question to ask by SMS? What topic to discuss?
The best is to start with simple and short questions about his work or his studies, his family, his friends …
Then engage the conversation on his interests (passion, sport, hobbies …). Then make a transition to his future plans. This will allow you to see if you are on the same wavelength.
The goal is to find interesting conversation topics to avoid the discussion being too boring.
We offer some ideas for conversation topics by SMS to easily discuss with the person you like.
For a first approach of drag
- What attracts you to someone?
- Are you single ?
- What are you doing now ?
- What do you do in your free moment ?
- What would you do if I asked you to come?
- What would you say to having this conversation alone?
- Did you smile seeing my name appear on your phone?
- What hashtag would you choose to describe your life?
- Would you be tempted by an appointment to get to know each other better?
- Perhaps we could continue this conversation over a drink. What do you think ?
- Would you like to send me the picture of you that you prefer?
To know the person better
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What are your little fun fads?
- What are you most afraid of in life?
- Where do you like to spend your holidays?
- What does a better day look like for you?
- Are you athletic?
- What is your profession ?
- What is the job of your dreams?
- Do you have a tattoo? (Would you like to send me a photo?)
- What is your biggest dream ?
- What would you choose between the two: money or love?
- Do you like animals, do you have pets?
- Are you close to your family?
- If you could exchange your life with a celebrity, who would you choose?
- What is your best childhood memory?
Concerning romantic relationships
- What is important to you in romantic relationships?
- What kind of relationship are you looking for?
- What are you willing to do for love?
- Have you ever been in love? If so, how many times?
Finally here are some tips to prevent your conversation from ending in a deadlock
– If this is the first time you are talking to this person, try to link the topic to something related to the current situation instead of finding a random subject.
– Think before you speak. You can not take away what has already been said. In addition, most people remember the conversations you had together, so you should never behave badly unless you want to leave a bad impression.
– One of the best ways to keep the conversation interesting while keeping a balance is to ask questions in turn.
This should not take the form of a competition that poses the best questions, but it is a good way to keep a good conversation without either being dominant.
– Learn about the news . Read the press and social media for interesting discussion topics.
– Avoid short answers (such as “yes”, “no” or “OK”) as they often lead to deadlock.
– Listen carefully and get involved. Once your conversation partner has answered your question, find an event of your own experience to relate it to something he mentioned.
– Have a dose of humor , choose a topic of conversation that will make you both laugh, it can help you relax if needed.
– Avoid speaking too long , make sure you have the attention of the person you are talking to and re-open the dialogue each time by asking questions.
This is a lot of ideas suggestions of topics of conversation! I hope you’ve taken at least a few that will help you in your next conversation.
After having read them you can ask yourself the question: What makes an interesting conversation?
Most people assume that the subject of your conversation should be super-interesting, when that is not really the case.
It does not depend on the topic of conversation. You can make almost any conversation interesting if you are not afraid to openly give our point of view, our opinion and part of our personality to the other.
And if you think your conversations are “boring” …. the problem could be that you are simply exchanging facts with the other person. You do not try to find out how this person works in the background.
For a conversation to be interesting, you have to break down the barriers , speak without a mask and go from the bottom of your heart.
Find pleasant conversation topics, initially, avoid talking about politics, religion and other topics of conversation that could create tensions and differences.
Also avoid topics related to marriage and children when you are still in the knowledge stage.
You must also avoid talking badly about people , it is not a good idea of a topic of conversation. Your contact might think of you as a bad language.
It is possible to talk about someone who is causing you trouble, sharing your feelings and seeking comfort, but this should never become a habit.
Conversation topics can turn around intimate things only if you are already at an advanced stage of the relationship.
Exchange on your past experiences . The challenge when we talk about past experiences is that, in general, we do not want to go into too personal details too quickly.
At a romantic date, some of these questions may be appropriate. In other situations, you will want the stories of the past to appear more spontaneously because they relate to any subject that is being talked about.
Although there, we must know how to preserve his secret garden and must not say anything about you.
In short, do not say anything and everything just to cover moments of silence! In a discussion, there are always times when whites occur, and that’s more than normal! You just have to know how to bounce back.
Do not lie because you have to say something at all costs, sometimes the silence can be nice too, do not panic if you have nothing to say.
Now you have everything you need to find good conversation ideas, just break the ice and the rest will be done naturally. Good luck and good conversation!