Long-distance relationships are good for love and at least as good for the career. We explain why – and how it works with the relationship in the distance really well.
There is this unspeakable reproach that you still make successful women. They are emotionless, they say. You have a career to the love waived, not married, no children. Is not that sad, one asks.
In fact, a career for women is easier if they do not have to balance the relationship and the job. Especially at the beginning. That does not mean that you have to stay alone. Much better and common today anyway: a long-distance relationship. Anyone who is afraid that the relationship fails because rethinking that it promotes the career rather. Staying together with the friend at a distance is also easier than retrieving a missed opportunity.
The automatic balance of love and job
Those who live in a long-distance relationship need less energy to balance the time for the relationship and time for the work. During the week, you can concentrate on the work. Nobody is annoyed when you stay longer in the office. Which does not necessarily mean that every guy is uncomprehending because he wants the girlfriend to finally come home? You put yourself under pressure because of course, you want it yourself.
Another nice side effect, to be alone late after work: no one complains, if you just want to dump hot water into a cup of instant noodles. The dust on the cupboard can stay a week longer. The socks will stay in the hall until tomorrow.
The long-distance relationship in preparation for the executive chair
A long-distance relationship also trains the skills needed for a career. Those who only have one another on the phone during the week train the ability to communicate. Conversations become more intense and have to be, for the relationship to work. Irrelevant nonsense only works if you are sitting together in front of the TV, not on the phone. Who leads a long-distance relationship, is experienced in solving conflicts in the conversation, can communicate and listen. In short: skills that make it easier to get into the executive suite.
How To Get Inside Your Man Mind
If you want to trigger strong feelings of attraction and adoration in your man, you have to know how to get on the same frequency with him. Imagine never having to deal with his silent treatment again. (Which is just really code for “I’m angry but don’t want to talk about it”.) When you know how to read him and know what he’s thinking and feeling, unpleasant situations like the silent treatment will be a thing of the past.
Those who only see their loved ones for a limited period of time and from whom the work is banned will continue to learn to make the most of their time. It is easy to distinguish the important from the important, to fully enjoy the free time (together). Where it is difficult for other employees to take a break from work and some time to relax, they have those in a long-distance relationship automatically. Every weekend becomes a short break and clears the mind. After that, you are more efficient again.
So that it not only works with the career but also holds the relationship:
6 tips for a happy long-distance relationship:
1. Accept the separation Every Sunday evening. Or whenever you separate yourself spatially for the job. When the relationship works, you become emotional every time you leave. It’s good. To miss is better than to argue.
2. Separate work and love This is already done spatially, but must also make it clear in time. So: in time do not work together. If this is unavoidable, choose a time window to work together so the other can deal with it.
3. Do not make too much If you do not spend seven days a week together, of course, the time together would like to use all the more. The mistake: stuff as much as possible in a weekend, from the cinema to dinner and forest walk. Too exhausting after an intense work week.
4. Reduce expectations A typical beginner’s mistake: whoever does not see the friend for a long time, glorifies him in his thoughts – and then is disappointed when he meets again if the expectations are not met. Because maybe one of them is in a bad mood and sometimes they argue. Loving missing is good, as long as it does not create false expectations.
5. Not only on the weekend see Love on the weekend is the classic of all long-distance relationships, in the long run, but definitely too little. Better: Plan joint holidays regularly and take extended weekends. This is how you sometimes remember how everyday life works together.
6. From a perspective, some long-distance relationships that last a lifetime are quite difficult. Even in the distance, you have to agree on when this ends again. How to define this period, you have to set individually. The perspective on the end is important – especially in times when you miss the other one very special.