How to find out if your love has a future
A romantic relationship and partnership with another human being can be many things: fulfilling, safe, exciting, passionate, but also challenging, difficult or even toxic. Especially when you have been with your partner for a while, it can happen that you start to question the relationship, couple balance and partnership and feel that you need a partnership test. Are we really happy in love? Do I want to spend the rest of my life with him or her? do we love each otherAll these questions and thoughts suddenly shoot through your head, coupled with confused feelings. If you feel the need to carry out a relationship test and test your couple balance, we have collected a few important tips and questions about a love test for you here.
More on the subject of couples, couple balance and couple relationships: fear of commitment , saving relationships , narcissism in relationships , butterflies in the stomach
Relationship test: What is behind a partner test?
So you’ve decided that you want to test your relationship, yourselves as a couple, and your couple balance. Before you do that, you should first understand why you feel the need for something to be wrong with your couple’s balance. Because it has to come from somewhere – if everything was great in your partnership and you had a great couple balance, you wouldn’t have to put your relationship to the test. The following reasons could be hidden behind it:
- Boredom/everyday life: You have degenerated into everyday life and the passion from the beginning of the relationship has flattened out. Since you don’t attack each other like you used to, but you don’t argue either, but just spend a “boring” everyday life together, you wonder if that was all for you as a couple. Actually, it seems like you have a great couple balance – but you’re missing something.
- Distrust: The reason for a relationship test can also be that you no longer really trust your partner. Maybe something happened that caused your trust not to be as strong as it was when you started, or your partner may have changed over the course of the relationship and you’re not as in love with that person as you were when you started dating . Your couple balance is disturbed as a result.
- Personal change: Maybe it’s not your partner but yourself who has changed. You may think differently about love and relationships today than you did when you met and fell in love. Maybe you are looking for a different feeling or want more freedom. This also disturbs the pair balance. That’s why you’re now wondering if you’re still compatible and if it makes sense to you as a couple.
- Lack of communication: Many relationship problems also arise from the fact that you and your partner do not talk enough to each other and about conflicts. This upsets your couple’s balance and leads to each imagining what the other is thinking and reacting to – even though this imagining may not be entirely true. So consider whether you really need to question the whole relationship or whether you and your sweetheart actually need an open conversation.
- Comparison: You are actually totally happy with your relationship, but whenever you talk to friends or see couples on TV, do you have the feeling that something is missing? Then the problem is most likely less about your relationship and more about comparing your love too much – with the result that you feel that you are missing something as a couple. After all, it is important that you are happy and in love – and not what others think about your relationship.
Relationship test: Questions for more communication as a couple
If you want to start “testing” your partner, the best way is through an in-depth conversation and exchange. Take your time for the partnership test and not only answer the questions, but also exchange ideas about the answers and your feelings. These questions can help you as a love test to find out how well you know each other and what the balance of your couple is:
- What is his/her favorite dish?
- What is the name of his/her best friend?
- What is he/she allergic to?
- Is he/she more of a mommy or more of a daddy’s child?
- Did he/she previously have pets? If so, which ones and what were their names?
- What would a perfect day look like for him/her?
- What is he/she afraid of the most?
- In which country would he/she most like to go on vacation next year?
- What was or is his/her favorite subject at school and in which subject did he/she always get the best grades?
- What has been the greatest achievement of his/her life so far?
- What is his/her best memory?
- What is his/her worst memory?
- What does friendship mean to him/her?
- What is his/her current favorite song?
- Name three character traits that you have in common. Do they agree?
The more questions you can correctly answer about each other, the better you know each other! But in order to carry out a complete partner test, you should also ask yourself the following questions about your couple balance as a couple:
- What is important to us in our relationship?
- What am I looking for in my partner?
- What do I bring to the relationship?
- What do we struggle with as a couple?
- What is easy for us as a couple?
- What have we already mastered together?
- What challenge do we still have to face?
- How do we deal with conflicts?
- Why did we fall in love with each other?
- Does our partnership need more freedom or more closeness?
- Do we trust each other?
- How do we imagine our future?
- What are we missing in our relationship?
- What makes us strong as a couple?
- Do we have a balanced pair balance?
- How do we think about our life? What is missing, what is beautiful?
- What do we love about each other?
You can find more psychotests on the subject of love and couple relationships here:
Relationship test: How is it going for you as a couple?
What is the result of the partnership test? When you and your partner have honestly answered the questions together and have exchanged ideas, only one decision remains: did the relationship pass the test? Do you enjoy the responses and exchanges you had, or do you still feel dissatisfied, insecure, or unhappy? Have you found your couple balance again? Unfortunately, no one can answer that in advance and no one can decide for you. If you are happy with the conversation and now see your relationship, couple balance and you as a couple in a new, radiant light – perfect! Then you have definitely made the right choice of partner.
However, if you have even more doubts than before or if you even argued about the questions, then maybe it’s time to put an end to the relationship. Of course, that is easier said than done, because a separation despite love can be very painful. Alternatively, there would also be the possibility of a break in the relationship , in which you can think separately about what you want and what your couple balance should look like in the future.
We wish that your relationship test will have a positive effect on your (love) life and that you will be happy with your decision – no matter how it turns out.